The CAAML V5.0 Profile 'IACS Snow Profile' aims to facilitate the exchange of snow profile information among practitioners
and researchers. This standard only contains the subset of CAAML elements needed for exchanging snow profiles. Following
The International Classification for Seasonal Snow on the Ground (Fierz et al., 2009) published by International
Association for Cryospheric Sciences (IACS), the standard defines the core observation elements for snow profiles including
their enumerations and value ranges.
Click here for detailed background information on this CAAML standard.
This CAAML standard was developed by:
- Pascal Haegeli, Avisualanche Consulting (lead author)
- Roger Atkins
- Matthias Gerber, WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
- Johannes Hörtnagel, Tyrolean Avalanche Warning Service
- Charles Fierz, WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
- John Kelly, Canadian Avalanche Centre
- Samuel Morin, Meteo France
- Patrick Nairz, Tyrolean Avalanche Warning Service
- Ian Tomm, Canadian Avalanche Association
Click here for a detailed technical documentation on this CAAML standard.
Minor Change History
- 5.0.5 (July 16, 2011):
- Typo: Fixed typo in test score pattern of Extended Column Test.
- 5.0.4 (July 6, 2011):
- Update: Properly defined allowed values for testsScore propery element of Compression Test, Extended Column Test and Rutschblock Test. Deleted fractureCharacter property element in Extended Column Test.
- 5.0.3 (June 23, 2011):
- Consistency: Added blank ("") enumeration to UomForceType and made uom attribute of HardnessType required to be consistent with other elements that allow numerical and categorical values.
- 5.0.2 (May 26, 2011):
- Typo: Changed type of uom attribute of MeasureForceType type from caaml:UomLengthType to caaml:UomForceType.
- 5.0.1 (May 23, 2011):
- Typo: Allow multiple layer in specSurfAreaProfile element.
- 5.0 (April 1, 2011):